Global Black Alliance Inc., the creators of the RealOnes application and joingthegba.com, (“Company“, “We” or “we“) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it by complying with this policy.
This policy describes:
• The types of information we may collect or that users (“you“) may provide when you download, install, register with, access, or use RealOnes and/or jointhegba.com (the “Platform“).
• Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
We will only use your personal information in accordance with this policy unless otherwise required by applicable law. We take steps to ensure that the personal information that we collect about you is adequate, relevant, not excessive, and used for limited purposes.
This policy applies only to information we collect on or through this Platform and/or via email, text, and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with this Platform.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that you provide to or is collected by any third party, including websites you may access through this Platform. These third parties have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them. Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices for collecting, processing, and storing your information. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, do not download, register with, or use this Platform.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect information about you through:
• Direct interactions with you when you provide it to us, for example, by filling in forms or corresponding with us.
• Automated technologies or interactions, when you use the Platform, for example, usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
The types of information that we collect include:
• Personal information that we can reasonably use to directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, internet protocol (IP) address, user name or other similar identifier, and any other identifier we may use to contact you (“personal information“). We provide an opportunity for any user to unsubscribe from our collection or opt-out of contact for marketing or Platform improvement on an ongoing basis by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Non-personal information that does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity or directly relate to an identified individual, demographic information, or statistical or aggregated information. We may derive non-personal statistical or aggregated data from personal information.
• Technical information, including your login information, device type, time zone setting, and usage details.
Information You Provide to Us
When you download, register with, or use this Platform, we may ask you to provide:
• Information by filling in forms through the Platform. This includes information you provide when registering to use the Platform, creating a user or business profile, posting material, and/or requesting further services.
• Records and copies of your correspondence, including email addresses and phone numbers, if you contact us.
• Your search queries on the Platform.
You may also provide information for publication or display (“posted“) on public areas of the Platform (collectively, “User Contributions“). You post and transmit User Contributions to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect. We cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we do not guarantee that unauthorized persons will not view your User Contributions.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking Technologies
When you download, access, and use the Platform, it may automatically collect:
• Usage details. When you access and use the Platform, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Platform.
• Device information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, and operating system.
• Stored information and files. The Platform also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information.
• Location information. This Platform collects real-time information about the location of your device.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
• Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our Platform.
• Web beacons. Pages of the Platform and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related app statistics.
The information we collect automatically is statistical information and may include personal information. We may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways, that you provide to us, or receive from third parties. This usage information helps us to improve our Platform and to deliver a more personalized service, including by helping us to:
• Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
• Store information about your preferences and customize our Platform according to your individual interests.
• Speed up your searches.
• Recognize you when you use the Platform.
If you do not want us to collect this information do not download, access or use the Platform. Note, however, that opting out of the Platform’s collection of location information will cause its location-based features to be disabled.
Third-Party Information Collection
When you use the Platform or its content, certain third parties collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
• Advertisers, ad networks, and ad servers.
• Analytics companies.
• Your mobile device manufacturer.
• Your mobile service provider.
• Other apps.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they use them. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
• To provide you with the Platform and its contents.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
• To fulfill the purposes for which you provided it or that were described when it was collected or any other purpose for which you provide it.
• To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights in any contracts with you, including for billing and collection or to comply with legal requirements.
• To notify you when Platform updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
• To improve our Platform, products or services, or customer relationships and experiences.
• For marketing purposes.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features, social media, or other features on our Platform.
• To measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
• For any other purpose with your consent.
Usage information that we collect helps us to improve our Platform and to deliver a better and more personalized experience, including by enabling us to:
• Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
• Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Platform according to your individual interests.
• Speed up your searches.
• Recognize you when you use the Platform.
We use location information we collect to help you find businesses that are in your vicinity or a vicinity of your choosing.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you, as permitted by law. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please email us at email@example.com.
3. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
• To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
• According to applicable law, to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Global Black Alliance’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Global Black Alliance about our customers and users is among the assets transferred.
• To advertisers and advertising networks that require the information to select and serve relevant advertisements to you and others. We do not disclose data about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them
• To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business, such as analytics and search engine providers that help us optimize and improve our services. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process personal information following the same standards set out in this policy.
• To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
• For any other purpose we disclose when you provide the information.
• With your consent.
• To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, according to applicable law.
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Global Black Alliance, our customers, or others.
4. TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Questions, comments, and complaints about GBA’s data practices can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
• Location Information. You can choose whether to allow the Platform to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location through the device’s privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the Platform may be inaccessible or not function properly.
• Third-Party Advertising and Marketing. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated third parties for marketing or promotional purposes, you can opt-out by emailing email@example.com.
• Promotional Offers from the Company. If you have opted in to receive certain emails from us but no longer wish for us to use your email address/contact information to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscribe link we have included in the email.
• Direct Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt out by emailing email@example.com.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve behavioural advertising. These third parties may provide you with additional choices about how they use your information or ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way.
6. DATA SECURITY
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We use physical, electronic, and administrative measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We store all information you provide to us behind firewalls on secure servers.
7. DATA RETENTION
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Under some circumstances we may anonymize or aggregate your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you or your consent.
8. CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our Platform is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Platform. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not [use or provide any information on this Platform. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes. By law you have the right to request access to and to correct the personal information that we hold about you.
If you want to review, verify, correct, or withdraw consent to the use of your personal information you may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you or make your requested changes. Applicable law may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all of the personal information that we hold about you, or we may have destroyed, erased, or made your personal information anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
10. WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of your personal information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that if you withdraw your consent we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service. We will explain the impact to you at the time to help you make your decision.
12. CONTACT INFORMATION
We have procedures in place to receive and respond to complaints or inquiries about our handling of personal information and our compliance with this policy and with applicable privacy laws. To discuss our compliance with this policy please get in contact with us using the contact information listed above.
Last revised: November 21, 2021